Care 2 Communities (C2C) manages seven primary health care clinics in northern Haiti in partnership with the MSPP. We are working to create a model of sustainable, accessible and community-based health care in Haiti that meets the needs of the population and empowers families to lead healthier lives. All C2C clinics are a “one-stop-shop” for comprehensive services, providing patients with high-quality care through medical consultations, an on-site pharmacy, and on-site laboratory testing.
C2C is looking for one (1) highly qualified person for the position of Program Manager. The person must be enthusiastic and passionate about the idea of improving the functioning of the programs attached to his clinics and of assisting the management team. The program manager will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer who will be his direct supervisor. This person must have an excellent sense of organization, be independent and proactive. This person must have at least 2-3 years of work experience in management, administration or other related field (CVs without professional experience will be automatically refused).
- Organize the programs, together with the supervisor, in accordance with C2C's mission and taking into account certain provisions of the MSPP applicable to our care structure;
- Coordinate, with the supervisor, the activities of the programs in order to achieve the objectives of the programs;
- Carry out regular supervision of all program staff in the field and ensure
that staff are working efficiently;
- Ensure control of program indicators and ensure the achievement of objectives;
- Develop and propose to the supervisor strategies aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs;
- Facilitate the implementation / execution of all priority MSPP programs in all clinics, in agreement with the C2C management team;
- Facilitate the supervision of community staff (agents, nurses, etc.) in terms of supervision, training, orientation, planning;
- Work in close collaboration with community leaders to ensure the sustainability of the programs;
- Facilitate effective communication between clinic staff and community staff;
- Produce and submit monthly reports of community activities on time;
- Participate in the various training sessions / meetings of the MSPP with a view to improving the programs;
- Provide weekly updates to the supervisor on the operation of the programs;
- Represent and defend the interests of C2C in the communities served;
- Organize, in collaboration with the supervisor, a monthly meeting with the staff of the community health programs to discuss the activities undertaken for the month and provide advice / suggestions for improvement when necessary;
- Report to the supervisor any situation that could affect the proper functioning of the programs as quickly as possible.
University degree - preferably in a field related to community health or program management;
Have at least 2-3 years of proven work experience in community health management or other related fields (CVs without work experience will automatically be refused);
Be an excellent team leader with the ability to supervise, manage and discipline program staff members while working collaboratively with them and maintaining a good work environment;
Have strong communication and human relations skills;
Ability to speak French and Creole fluently with a good knowledge of English to be able to communicate effectively by email;
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Google drive software including new software - demonstrated the ability to solve technical problems.
Have exceptional attention to detail; including the ability to review and analyze performance data;
Ability to easily adapt to changes and a fast-paced work environment; Ability to maintain an excellent relationship with partner communities and community representatives;
Have strong planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task and solve problems; Willingness to be flexible and open to new responsibilities, new tasks, new projects;
Ability to go to the field 75-80% of the time.
- The person chosen for this position will be based in the Department of the North. The position requires frequent trips to clinics which are mainly located in rural areas.
- The work schedule is Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (occasional work on weekends)
Application file must have ...
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 23, 2021. You can also submit your complete file to the Care 2 Communities (C2C) office located at # 54, Rue 27A, Cap-Haitien. Requests without a cover letter will not be taken into consideration. The candidate should write a cover letter that explains why he / she would like to work for C2C and why he / she would be an asset to our team.